Thursday, May 6, 2010

More Chicken! With a Bite.

Despite appearances to the contrary, I don't dig on beak.  Poultry is not my thing.  I'm not sure why...I get that its a great protein, generally accepted as healthy.  I just don't particularly like it. But, it is cheap.  And cooking on a budget lately has mandated chicken-creativity.

I actually loved tonight's dinner.  I'll call it: Chicken with a Bite.

Take some chicken.  We had 1.38 lbs of chicken breast.  Chop it up into bite size pieces and sauté it up with a few tablespoons of olive oil.  Squeeze half a piece of lemon over the chicken as it cooks.

Meanwhile, chop up whatever vegetables you have on hand.  Add in some chunks of pineapple.
1/2 onion
1 summer squash
1 carrot
3 pieces of celery
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced

After the chicken cooks, set it aside in a plate.  Stir-fry the veggies until cooked to taste.

Meanwhile, make the sauce.  Stir together:
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
A big dollop of siracha
The juice of one lime
1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch

Add the chicken back to the vegetables and stir together.  Pour the sauce over and mix together.  Sprinkle some basil over the whole thing.  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment