Thursday, December 10, 2009

Its been a...

It has been almost a month since I put keyboard to screen and let loose.  High time, I say, to get back into it.  November is always a slightly tough month, but now December is here and demands to be celebrated!  As most properly socialized people know, celebrations = food. Therefore...

Most Christmas-y food ever: oyster stew.  Every Christmas eve, my family would load up into the van (there were a lot of us) and, eventually, after Christmas visits and services, end up at my grandmother's house for dinner.  Some of my sisters detested the traditional meal and demanded an alternative, but, to me, nothing smells as rich, tastes as velvety or has such strong memorial resonance.  The oyster stew would be warming on the stove when we arrived, filling the air with a buttery aroma.  I am not going to post my grandmother's recipe because, frankly, it's not mine to give.  But here you can get Madame Paula Dean's, which looks easy, delicious and, best of all, is gluten-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment